Barber programs typically take nine months, which is about 900 hours. Students will learn theory and receive hands-on training in hair-cutting techniques.
- How long does it take to complete a Barber Program at a barber school?
- Are barbers required to have a license?
Most of the states will require barbers to be licensed to legally provide their services.
- Can you work as a barber without a license?
It is illegal for a barber to work without a license. Fines can range between $500 to $1,000 depending on the state.
- What is the difference between cosmetologist and barber?
Licensed barbers can shave customers’ faces directly using a straight blade while hair stylists can only use clippers to groom a beard.
- What other career options are there for a barber?
There are many career options for barbers. Some can open their own barbershop or broaden their services and become hair stylists. Other jobs in personal care services such as cosmetologists, massage therapists, and skincare specialists are possible with further training.
- How long does it take to complete a Restricted Barber Program at a barber school?
Barber programs typically take six months, which is about 600 hours. Students will learn theory and receive hands-on training in hair-cutting techniques.
- Do barbers work full-time?
Yes, the majority of barbers work full time though some part-time jobs are available. The times at which a barber works will depend on when the shop is open.
- What Services do Barbers Offer?
Barbers can offer a number of services including but not limited to cutting hair, trimming hair, shampooing, styling, coloring, giving shaves, trimming beards, scalp, and neck and facial massages.
- Do Barbers receive the same training as cosmetologists?
No, although there is some overlap between barber training and cosmetologist training which both learn how to cut, wash and style hair. However, barbers learn to shave with a straight blade while cosmetology training includes how to give manicures, pedicures and administer esthetics.
- What is the average Barber Salary?
According to indeed job search engine, the average salary for a barber is $85,085 per year in Miami, FL.
REACH OUT TO ONE OF OUR EXPERTS!
Location & Contact
Hours of Operation
Stay Up To Date!
South Florida Barber Schools
South Florida Barber Schools is located in the heart of Downtown Homestead just one block from Losner Park.